Monday, September 1, 2014

Now's The Time To Act!


It's the first day of school! We have spent months, weeks, days, and hours preparing for this moment. The syllabi have been written or updated. Lesson plans, materials needed for the first few days, worksheets, handouts are all copied and packed in neat piles to be distributed. The seating arrangement has been changed approximately several times! Tables and chairs cleaned. Books counted and dusted. Now's the time to act!

There is this nervous feeling in the bottom of your stomach. Though you have done this many times before, the feeling is still the same. Who are my students? What type of learners will I have? Have I successfully planned to accommodate the different types of learners? How will they react towards me? Will they like the classroom? How receptive and appreciative will they be of the lessons I diligently and painstakingly prepared for them? Most importantly, will they enjoy and learn what I have planned? There will be so much to do and say...... will I have enough time?

As I mused over these questions, its hard to ignore the rising excitement....... this is it! Now is the time to act! Now is the time to put into action all the plans, dreams, and aspirations for our children. Irrespective of the challenges that lurk in the future we must persist and keep moving because our children need us!

Moving forward, I want us to think about the lessons to be learnt from these two great people: Ron Clark and Marva Collins

Have a great week!

2 comments: